[Samba] Printer suddenly stops printing

kvkamin at aim.com kvkamin at aim.com
Thu Mar 29 21:48:21 GMT 2007

 Listers,

 I am running SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 (x86_64) as a PDC with Cups printing for about 50 users. The Cups print server serves 6 different printers and has been working flawlessly since it was setup in December 2006. On March 22 of this year, after printing several jobs successfully, one single printer now seems to have a rights problem. I can print a test page from the Cups admin page with no problem. But if a user even trys to print a test page, the get a "Test print failed." message from the client. No changes were made to the system that I know of, unless some automatic update from Suse messed something up. But why only one of the six is failing? I am not sure if this is a pure Samba problem or a Cups problem. Maybe a hybrid problem. Any ideas?

 Karl