[Samba] Dueling master browsers...

Chris Smith smb23 at realcomputerguy.com
Thu Mar 29 21:40:19 GMT 2007

On Thursday 29 March 2007, Eric Knudstrup wrote:
> I don't think so.  There are a couple of machines that insist on it.
> Both of them are the guys who aren't logged into the domain.
> This machine is also dual homed - wireless and wired ethernet.
> I even have the DHCP server setting macallan as the WINS server.  Is
> there any way *I* can tweak the registry to disable them from announcing
> themselves as the master browser?
> I think I've tried just about everything on the PDC to disable this...

On the Samba PDC:
Try adding something like this to your global section:
==================================
interfaces = eth0, 127.0.0.1
bind interfaces only = Yes
hosts allow = 192.168.1. 127.
Using your interfaces and IP addresses. If any IP aliases are being used use
the IP addresses for "interfaces =" (ex: 127.0.0.1) instead of device names
(eth0).

On the client:
Set:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Browser\Parameters
  IsDomainMaster False

Chris