[Samba] Printer Drivers on Samba server

Willy Offermans Willy at rompen.nl
Tue Mar 20 15:04:50 GMT 2007

Dear Samba friends,

I want to have the printer drivers on the samba server. I have created
the following share in the smb.conf file:

[print$]
        comment = Printer Driver Download Area
        path = /usr/local/samba/printers
        valid users = @XXX
        write list = @YYY, root, jo, willy
        printer admin = @YYY
        browseable = No

@XXX are the normal printer users. @YYY are administrators.

This is the physical directory:

drwxrwxrwx  3 root  @YYY  512 Feb 13 16:49 /usr/local/samba/printers

There is another share for the printers:

[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /var/spool/samba
        printer admin = @RompenStaff
        guest ok = Yes
        printable = Yes
        browseable = No

However this share can not be accessed. It cannot be found from the
windows xp clients. I do not know how to upload the printer drivers. I
do not know if this setup is going to work at all.

Can someone help me?

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
With kind regards,