[Samba] Samba connectivity fails

Camilleri, Joe joe.camilleri at eds.com
Tue Mar 13 21:05:07 GMT 2007

I'm trying to setup Samba communicating from a unix server running
Solaris 9 to a windows server running Win2003. I had it working and then
it stopped working. When It failed I could not ping the unix server from
the windows server. However, I could ping the windows server from the
unix server. The servers are on the same network and there are no
firewalls between the servers. If I stop the smbd and nmbd processes and
wait a while the ping from the windows server to the unix server starts
working again. When I start the smbd and nmbd the ping starts failing
again. Any help on how to fix this problem would be appreciated.

Thanks
Joe Camilleri
+ mailto:joe.camilleri at eds.com