[Samba] can´t access share by name, but on ip

Martin irezumi at gmx.de
Fri Mar 16 17:50:42 GMT 2007

Yes, that's true.
If your kerberos authentication is broken but your NTLM not, your
observation is usual.
This is what I've seen once:

Your client requests a ticket for your server.
If your client gets one it tries to authenticate against your server.
That's the failure case.

If your client requests a ticket for e.g. 192.168.1.1 the Kerberos (AD)
Server responses with an "I've no ticket for this server" response.
Than your client falls back to NTLM.

So in most cases you'll have to look for kerberos problems when you face
this situation.

~ Martin