[Samba] Laptops randomly losing their domain credentials

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 12:26:44 GMT 2007

>         Googleing around I've found mention of this problem
> but no way to resolve it. Have any of you ran into this problem and
> been able to resolve it?

I avoid the problem by making a local account with the same username
as the domain account and I give the local account permissions on the
domain profile and them modify the link in the registry to which
profile is used for the local user. The following link describes the
process (and yes it does work on XP laptops and desktops as well)..

http://www.jsifaq.com/SF/Tips/Tip.aspx?id=0552

John