[Samba] Mangled Names

Gomez, Connie gomezc at emwd.org
Mon Mar 26 22:48:19 GMT 2007

We are currently using Samba V. 3.0.21b.  My question is that we are
running samba on our UNIX server (Solaris 9) where we have directories
that look similar to the following:

A.L.
E.A.
T.A.

You can either view the directories as they are suppose to appear,
except the users can't access the data.  OR  The directories appear as
mangled names but the users have no idea which directory they should be
in.  The only other work around that we have found is to create symbolic
links for all of the directories, so the above has a link to AL and then
the users can see their directories and view the data.

Is there a better way to do this?

Thank You!

Connie Gomez