[Samba] panic in pwnam_r after a reconnect

Sun Mar 25 21:18:51 GMT 2007

On Sun, Mar 25, 2007 at 10:57:14PM +0200, Dragan Krnic wrote:
> Is there some explanation for the panic in pwnam_r when a session
> reconnects after a while?
> This is an exagerated example. The user leaves on a Thursday,
> comes back next Tuesday - bang!
>
> My Samba 3.0.24 runs under a SuSE 10.1.
> The passwd files are used for authentication.

Is this in any way reproducable at will? You can for example
force a reconnect by killing the smbd that is responsible
for a particular client. You can find out the pid of that
smbd by running "smbstatus". Then any subsequent access to
that server from the client will trigger a reconnect.

If that is reproducable, could you please install the
debuginfo package that comes with your binary package.

I am very sure I am able to fix that bug If I can get a
valgrind log of that panic. Look at
https://bugzilla.samba.org/ bug 4434 for information how to
get the valgrind log.

Thanks,