[Samba] pdc configuration

sato x garasi9 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 14:26:06 GMT 2007

Hi...

Don't forget the [netlogon] share in smb.conf. You will need that for your
windows users to login into the domain. All login script should be placed
there; or if you didn't want any login script, just leave it empty. BUT, you
must have it, no matter how.

Other story, for winXP Pro to login into domain, you would have to change
something in registry or in local security settings (within Administrative
Tools) (it has something to do with Domain member: {Digitally encrypt...,
Digitally encrypt secure, Digitally sign ... } options. You can access it
via  Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options. Just set the
values to disable). Don't forget to join the machine into the domain.

WinXP Home cannot join the domain, but you can still access the share in the
domain automatically after you login into your local domain (I mean, your
WinXP Home local domain/workgroup). Create a local user with password as
same as the one in the PDC. Then create a machine account for your WinXP
Home directly in your PDC (in term of WinXP Pro, join the machine into the
domain). As for win98/Me, no need to worry about the WinXP issue. Hope it
can help.

Regards,

sato