[Samba] error while migrating users to ldap with pdbedit

Markus Krause krause at biochem.mpg.de
Wed Mar 21 17:09:06 GMT 2007

Zitat von Volker Lendecke <Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE>:

> On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 12:56:34PM +0100, Markus Krause wrote:
>> but executing pdbedit results in an error because pdbedit tries to
>> connect the ldap server "localhost":
>
> I would not be surprised if pdbedit was broken with regard
> to the -s parameter. Can you edit the default smb.conf file
> with your ldap values?
>
> Volker

if you mean by "default smb.conf" the file which samba is currently
using thats a problem as our samba server(s) are in heavy usage
(almost all time) and a planned downtime has to be announced some days
in advance.
is there another way instead of installing another samba server then?

regards
   markus

      This message was sent using https://webmail2.biochem.mpg.de
If you encounter any problems please report to rz-linux at biochem.mpg.de