[Samba] Samba kerberos more time sensitive that Windows?

Jason Haar Jason.Haar at trimble.co.nz
Tue Mar 20 22:11:41 GMT 2007

FYI we just had a similar problem with an XP-SP2 client. Their clock was
out and Samba rejected their advances :-)

That host was a Dell laptop - not VMWare - and even had SNTP set on it.
It's clock was out - triggering the problem. As to why it's clock
drifted off - we have no idea.

Strangely enough, after it was rebooted, the problem went away. IT
Helpdesks around the world know that phrase: "try rebooting..." ;-)

Jason

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417