[Samba] Problem with 02 domains on a single PDC

Gary Dale garydale at torfree.net
Tue Mar 20 21:17:27 GMT 2007

If I understand things, you have one server that you want to serve as a
domain controller for two different domains. Each domain is a separate
ldap dc within facomp.edu and each has either its own NIC or at least a
different IP address on the same NIC.

You are running two different copies of Samba at the same time, pointing
to a different smb.conf when you start each one. You may want to look at
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Multiple_Server_Instances for an example
of how to accomplish this.

I haven't tried this myself, but I notice that the wiki assigns
different pid and lock directories for each instance. Your configuration
doesn't do this. There are also some differences on how it specifies the
interfaces that may or may not be important. Give the wiki a try and
good luck.