[Samba] Need some explanation on Samba/NFS locks handle

Alain.Gorlier at altissemiconductor.com Alain.Gorlier at altissemiconductor.com
Tue Mar 20 11:37:27 GMT 2007

>> I'm just starting but as of now, none of the Linux boxes see the OS/2
domain
>> controller or any of the OS/2 peers other than the one I have eCS on -
that one
>> has a patched version of the file and print client which is still
problematic -
>> it is supposed to be compatible with SAMBA 3.0.2 but they goofed on a
few of
>> the WPS class iinterfaces.  I guess you would say I'm stuck at the
starting
>> line.

Our OS2 clients are still logging to OS2 domain controllers.
Our Linux clients are NFS clients.

>> I have the OS/2 server configured with TCPBEUI using B-Node with no
defined
>> NETBIOS nameserver or other parameters beyond the defaults.  I haven't
dealt
>> with TCPBEUI for several years, so likely I'm missing a simple setting
>> somewhere.  Between that and fighting the !@#$#$%^ firewall on the box
I intend
>> for the domain controller (SUSE 10.2) is enough to make me glad this
isn't a
>> full time job anymore.  Any unusual settings or tricks you may have
used would
>> be appreciated.

Our OS2 clients are H-NODE (using WINS servers). With B-Node be sure you
can join fileservers using broadcasts (or OS2 rfcbcst.lst or rfcnames.lst
files)
Our OS2 servers are also H-NODE.
OS2 domain controllers are also H-NODE. They are describes in the
rfcbcst.lst file of the OS2 clients (our OS2 DC and servers are in
different subnets that OS2 clients).
Our future Linux samba servers are also described in the WINS servers.

Could you please open a new subject ? (We are no more talking about
NFS/Samba locks...),
Thanks ;-)