[Samba] samba errors when using windows xp home edition

Chantal Rosmuller chantal at antenna.nl
Tue Mar 20 09:54:06 GMT 2007

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me with the following problem:

I administer 2 separate networks, each with one samba server  (samba versions
are 3.0.14 and 3.0.22) and serveral windows xp professional clients. There
were never any problems, but recently one of the employees bought a laptop
with windows xp home that he wants to use in both networks. He does not log
on to the domain like other employees but only accesses  the shares. He
complains that office hangs when he is working on an excel sheet that's on
the server. I also noticed some errors in te logson both servers, for
example:

libsmb/cliconnect.c:cli_connect(1330)  Error connecting to 192.168.2.236
(Operation already in progress) : 1 Time(s)

Or

 lib/util_sock.c:write_data(557)  write_data: write failure in writing to
client 192.168.2.236. Error Broken pipe : 1 Time(s)

Can this have something to do with XP home or not logging onto the domain? I

Thanks, regards Chantal