[Samba] Need some explanation on Samba/NFS locks handle

Will Honea whonea at whonea.net
Tue Mar 20 05:23:00 GMT 2007

** Reply to message from Alain.Gorlier at altissemiconductor.com on Tue, 20 Mar
2007 06:00:34 +0100

> >> Alain, I'm trying to integrate into an OS/2 environment - without much
> luck.
> >> Basically I have a server running the last available OS/2 Warp 4 based
> version
> >> usually referred to as ACP2 with multiple Warp 4 clients.  Any quick
> tips on
> >> getting Samba to play nice on an OS/2 Domain?
>
> Hi Will,
> What kind of problems do you encountered ?
> We are at the same OS2 level.
>
> We're only in test phase for manufacturing applications.
> No big problems encountered with OS2 support applications except
> performance problem with huge directories resolved with "uppercase"
> parameters.
>
> OS2 are still logged on OS2 domain, Samba authentication is done with
> LDAP.
> When all of the OS2 clients would be migrated to Linux, OS2 domain
> controller would be stopped.

I'm just starting but as of now, none of the Linux boxes see the OS/2 domain
controller or any of the OS/2 peers other than the one I have eCS on - that one
has a patched version of the file and print client which is still problematic -
it is supposed to be compatible with SAMBA 3.0.2 but they goofed on a few of
the WPS class iinterfaces.  I guess you would say I'm stuck at the starting
line.

I have the OS/2 server configured with TCPBEUI using B-Node with no defined
NETBIOS nameserver or other parameters beyond the defaults.  I haven't dealt
with TCPBEUI for several years, so likely I'm missing a simple setting
somewhere.  Between that and fighting the !@#$#$%^ firewall on the box I intend
for the domain controller (SUSE 10.2) is enough to make me glad this isn't a
full time job anymore.  Any unusual settings or tricks you may have used would
be appreciated.

--
Will Honea <whonea at whonea.net>