[Samba] Need some explanation on Samba/NFS locks handle

Alain.Gorlier at altissemiconductor.com Alain.Gorlier at altissemiconductor.com
Tue Mar 20 05:00:34 GMT 2007

>> Alain, I'm trying to integrate into an OS/2 environment - without much
luck.
>> Basically I have a server running the last available OS/2 Warp 4 based
version
>> usually referred to as ACP2 with multiple Warp 4 clients.  Any quick
tips on
>> getting Samba to play nice on an OS/2 Domain?

Hi Will,
What kind of problems do you encountered ?
We are at the same OS2 level.

We're only in test phase for manufacturing applications.
No big problems encountered with OS2 support applications except
performance problem with huge directories resolved with "uppercase"
parameters.

OS2 are still logged on OS2 domain, Samba authentication is done with
LDAP.
When all of the OS2 clients would be migrated to Linux, OS2 domain
controller would be stopped.