[Samba] Windows won't recognize hostname of server

Schaefer Jr, Thomas R. tom at umsl.edu
Mon Mar 19 20:09:18 GMT 2007

Last time you posted your smb.conf it included the line
wins server = <censored>

So, not knowing the ip address of your WINS server I suggested you try
nmblookup -R -U ipaddr.of.wins.server mis001

I thought you'd realize for ipaddr.of.wins.server you where supposed to
type in the ip address of your WINS server.

Today when you posted your smb.conf you've got the line
wins server = 192.161.200.1

What happens when you issue the following command?

nmblookup -R -U 192.161.200.1 mis001