[Samba] AutoCAD / file lock problem / Samba 3.0.10

Marc Rechté marc2 at rechte.fr
Mon Mar 19 13:00:38 GMT 2007

Hi,

I am facing a similar problem to what I faced sometime ago with Excel 11
when saving a modified xls file on a smb share: the application was
saying the file is already used by another user (although this was not
the case). The Excel problem was solved by adding a registry string
somewhere in Excel registry key (documented in the Microsoft knowledge
base).

Now we are facing the same problem with AutoCAD. After having loaded
one's file for editing, it complains that the file is already used when
trying to save it. If trying several times to save the file, it will
eventually get through and save it without complaining !

Seems there are several file lock problems with AutoCAD when searching
the list archives.

Is there a solution, either in the Windows registry or in the smb.conf a
solution to that problem ?

This is a serious problem at my client's site especially they mostly use
AutoCAD as their primary business tool...

Many thanks for any help.

Regards
Marc.