[Samba] 3.0.23 ldapsam:trusted=yes problem

Carlos Eduardo Pedroza Santiviago segfault at core-dumped.org
Mon Mar 19 12:57:59 GMT 2007

Hi,

On 3/15/07, Asier Baranguán <abaranguan at elpagestion.com> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I've a running Samba PDC (LDAP backend) with windows clients. All the users
> are in the LDAP, including the 'guest' user. All except the 'root' user which
> is a regular user. Then change in the smb.conf
>
> ldapsam:trusted = yes
> ldapsam:editposix = yes
>
> and noticed some speed-up when listing groups, look file ownerships, and so
> on. But I can't add machines to the domain: neither with the 'root' user,
> neither some users with privileges to join computers.
>
> If I comment the ldapsam:trusted/editposix everything is fine and machines get
> added to teh domain. ¿Why? All the users are in the LDAP so ldapsam:trusted
> should work :-?

IIRC, when you use the editposix flag, samba tries to manage all
user/groups functions and doesn't use the smbldap scripts you've
defnied. But i don't know if this is already finished. Maybe simo can
answer this?

For now, just use ldapsam:trusted, since it will speed things a lot.

--
Carlos Eduardo Pedroza Santiviago