[Samba] Need some explanation on Samba/NFS locks handle

Sun Mar 18 22:18:30 GMT 2007

On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 07:13:34PM +0100, Alain.Gorlier at altissemiconductor.com wrote:
> My samba clients are OS2 clients. It would be difficult to modify the
> application side. New clients are Linux/NFS : it would be easier to adapt
> the NFS linux code to correctly manage share modes between samaba & NFS.

Quick question: What cross-platform applications are we
talking about? It must be apps that access files
concurrently from OS/2 and Linux/NFS and get locking right.
What is it? The only one that I know of that would do it
would be OpenOffice, and this used to have issues with
cross-platform locking.

Volker