[Samba] Active Directory integration without NSS support

P. L. sd_137 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 17 23:15:12 GMT 2007

Yes.  I have MIT Kerberos installed and working on my
embedded Linux system.  kinit is running fine and I
can join an AD domain.

If I manually create the Unix and Samba user (matching
the AD users and passwords) on my embedded Linux Samba
server, my Windows AD member servers then can access
the Samba shares with SSO, otherwise the shares are
not accessible.

Based on my limited knowledge on Samba, I thought
Winbind is supposed to automatically create the Unix
user and Samba user.  Since my Linux system doesn't
support NSS, my guess is that Winbind may not be able
to do its job, so I would like some help on getting
winbind to work without NSS.

Thanks,

Sam