[Samba] How to client can know its domain controller

Brijesh Shukla shukla.brijesh at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 09:31:22 GMT 2007

Hi List,
Can any one teach me how can I know who is my domain controller whether
Active Directory or Windows NT.
In detail I am using a windows-xp client how can I know weather it
is getting it is logging into the windows server 2003 (Active Directory) or
Windows NT.
 how can a native user identify it without having any help from domain
cotroller or system administrator, is there any utility to identify the
domain controller, or is there any protocol packet difference while netlogin
using Active Directory or  windows NT.
Thanks in advance
Regards
Brijesh Shukla