[Samba] Re: roaming profile not uploaded correctly when logging outfor the first time

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Mar 15 19:20:46 GMT 2007

Mark Nienberg schrieb:
> Do all of the files you have problems with have strange characters in
> them?  I had this problem back when I upgraded a samba server and I
> think it had to do with the new server's i18n character support or
> something like that.  In particular, the character for the 1/2 symbol
> was a problem.

That's what I thought at the very beginning, too - originally, files in
"SendTo" directory were:

3½-Diskette (A).lnk
Desktop (Verknüpfung erstellen).DeskLink
E-Mail-Empfänger.MAPIMail
Eigene Dateien.mydocs

But I renamed them:

3½-Diskette (A).lnk    -> 1.lnk
Desktop (Verknüpfung erstellen).DeskLink    -> 2.DeskLink
E-Mail-Empfänger.MAPIMail    -> 3.MAPIMail
Eigene Dateien.mydocs    -> 4.mydocs

And the problem still exists. So it has nothing to do with strange
characters.

Also, when I move the "SendTo" directory (with original filenames), for
example to the Desktop, the problem doesn't exist anymore.

> I still see this occasionally on other files (without strange characters
> in them) and I usually just erase the offending file from the user's
> local profile and then the next time I log out, the profile uploads to
> the server correctly.  For some reason the problem seems to occur with 0
> length files more often than others.

Indeed, those files have mostly 0 bytes (3½-Diskette (A).lnk has ~150
bytes or so).

Does it happen for you with XP or 2000?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski