[Samba] Laptops randomly losing their domain credentials

Chris Jeter cjeter at sunflowerbroadband.com
Thu Mar 15 13:58:14 GMT 2007

I'm having a randomly occurring problem with some of the laptops that
we maintain. They are joined to our Samba domain (samba-3.0.14a-1).
Every once in a while when they are disconnected from the local network
they will drop their cached domain passwords and will not allow the
user to log back into the computer. It will return a domain unavailable
error until it is plugged back into the network, at which point it will
work as intended.
	Googleing around I've found mention of this problem
but no way to resolve it. Have any of you ran into this problem and
been able to resolve it?

Thanks

Chris