[Samba] Office products Locking issues

Michael Heydon michaelh at jaswin.com.au
Thu Mar 15 07:07:00 GMT 2007

>>> I have found in the past that restarting samba has corrected this particular issue
I had similar problems in the past where a flaky network would lead to a
users connection dropping out. I used "reset on zero vc", it greatly
improved the situation (and we are slowly replacing the dodgy gear/cabling).

Obviously there is something causing the problem in the first place and
you should try to track down what the problem is and fix it, in the mean
time reset on zero vc might help make it more manageable.

-- Michael Heydon