[Samba] roaming profile not uploaded correctly when logging outfor the first time

Gary Dale garydale at torfree.net
Wed Mar 14 23:57:37 GMT 2007

No. XP is closing your mapped drives, not your profile share. That's
something that Windows knows about, just like it knows which server to
validate your password against.

I doubt that the server speed is an issue either. However, I am
concerned about you running the "bleeding edge" version of Samba. I
doubt that it came with your distribution. Do you really need 3.0.24?
Was there some feature that wasn't in your distro's version?

As a rule of thumb, I follow "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". My
server ran quite happily on an antique 3.0.14 version until I wanted to
try a newer version of CUPS and ended up upgrading to a more recent
version of my distro. Now I'm running some 3.0.23 variant. My CUPS
problem is fixed so I'm happy but I can't tell the difference in my
server operation other than that.