=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re:_[Samba]_Re:_can=B4t_access_share_by_name, _but_on_ip?=

sato x garasi9 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 08:59:17 GMT 2007

Hi...

Make sure the nmb service is already running. In Redhat or FedoreCore, nmb
service will run if you run smb. But in other distro, like SuSE, you have to
explicitly run both of them. via
   /etc/init.d/smb start
   /etc/init.d/nmb start

To make them automatically run when you reboot the computer, run these
command
   chkconfig smb
   chkconfig nmb

If both of the services are already running, then I don't know what's wrong.