[Samba] Users Read/Write/Delete Permission

Tue Mar 13 10:30:37 GMT 2007

On 3/12/2007 Michael Heydon (michaelh at jaswin.com.au) wrote:
> As Felipe said, if you're looking to protect documents, this isn't
> the solution. In that situation I personally like keeping rsync
> snapshots on a seperate hard drive of server. Using hard links you
> can store a LOT of snapshots using relatively little storage space.
> Also the recycle vfs module might be useful.

Hi Michael,

I'd be very interested in how you do this... I'm a bit of a newbie to
samba/linux still, and backups is one thing that I'm still trying to
figure out the best way, and this sounds very intriguing to me.

Thanks,

--

Best regards,

Charles