[Samba] samba+Ldap+smbldap-tools

Asier Baranguán abaranguan at elpagestion.com
Mon Mar 12 12:04:27 GMT 2007

Chechu escribió:
> I have  aproblem with the smbldap-tools...when I try to change the
> passwd fron a user in win...I get the error "....", and I know that the
> script of smbldap-tools fails when try to execute the next line:

[ ... ]

This looks mostly an ACL problem in your LDAP server (OpenLDAP?).

> [global]
>
>    workgroup = IRONMAN
>    netbios name = SHOGUN
>    server string = SAMBA-LDAP PDC server
> ;  wins support = no
> ;  wins server = w.x.y.z

Hmmm... ¿domain without WINS Server? If you have windows clients a wins server is not
strictly neccesary, but it's strongly adviced.

>    security = user
>    encrypt passwords = true
>    passdb backend = ldapsam:ldaps://shogun.ironman.es:636
> ;  guest account = guest
>    invalid users = root
>    unix password sync = no
> ;   ldap passwd sync = yes

With this settings I assume that your samba users don't need to be recognized as regular
users.

>    passwd program = /usr/sbin/changepasswd.atc   -o %u

Emmm... ¿this script calls smbldap-passwd?