[Samba] Re: Cannot change case of existing file names

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Sun Mar 11 01:32:58 GMT 2007

On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 05:07:48PM -0800, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 14:22:35 -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 at 09:33:35PM -0600, Jordan Russell wrote:
> >>
> >> In recent versions of Samba (including 3.0.24), attempting to rename a
> >> file to a new name that differs only in case appears to have no effect:
> >>
> >> I'm pretty sure this worked in older versions. Any ideas?
> >
> > I've just fixed this in SVN. Turns out it was side-effect breakage when we
> > turned on root dfs by default. That was a fun one - allowed me to clean up
> > some old DFS code :-).
> >
> > Jeremy.
>
> I noticed the problem and came across this thread after some searching.
> Is it correct that the fix will be in 3.0.25 but not in 3.0.24?  So, if I
> want to correct the problem now, I would need to compile samba from source
> with the patched msdfs.c ?

Don't - I'm in the middle of re-writing a lot of
the DFS code for 3.0.25. There's no guarentee that
what is in the tree right now will look anything
like the DFS code in the tree by the end of the
weekend (if my tests go well).

I'll let you know when it's stabilized enough to
pull a fix.

Thanks,

	Jeremy.