[Samba] ldap

Cleber P. de Souza cleberps at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 02:05:42 GMT 2007

Using samba+ldap you could create a central LDAP Server with all your
teachers/students accounts and set permissions accordingly your needs.
On each samba server you could set the 'passdb backend' to your LDAP Server.
These references should help you:

http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_&_LDAP
http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/passdb.html

On 3/8/07, Pascal Legrand <Pascal.Legrand at univ-orleans.fr> wrote:
> hello
> in first i made a test with a single machine with samba and ldap authentication, everything works fine.
> my qestion is the following :
>
> we have 2 samba server (pdc 2domains), one for the teachers population, and another for the
> students/teachers population.
>
> i dont know how to do to make it works with an ldap authentication.
> how to "tell" to ldap that the user "teacher1" has an account on the 2 samba servers.
> anybody could help me (with ldif exemple)
>
> thank you
> --

> Pascal Legrand
> *IUT de Chartres* - _Service Informatique_

***
Cleber P. de Souza