[Samba] CUPS errors when not using CUPS - Breaks printing

Mac mac at nibsc.ac.uk
Thu Mar 8 12:33:11 GMT 2007

>Any attempt to connect to a printer (e.g. Start|Run|\\server\printer )
>results in an XP error message 'Incorrect Function'.

We believe (as best as we can tell) that this _has_ worked on 3.0.24
(since we upgraded from 3.0.22)

Can anyoune suggest what we need to do to make this work?  We think it
would involve telling Samba not to even bother looking for CUPS like
services in the first place.

                               Mac
          Assistant Systems Administrator @nibsc.ac.uk
                           mac at nibsc.ac.uk
   Work: +44 1707 641565          Everything else: +44 7956 237670 (anytime)