[Samba] win2003 AD to samba ldap pdc migration

Cardon Denis denis.cardon at tranquilitsystems.com
Tue Mar 6 10:13:29 GMT 2007

Hi all,

I just wanted to check with you all a detail : is it possible to
convert/migrate win2003 ADS account (user and machine) to samba ldap PDC
accounts.

I know the AD stuff is planned for samba4, and that the authentication
infrastructure is quite different (SAM base vs. kerberos/ldap). However
since it is possible to active NT4 compatibility in AD, I was wondering
if there was enough information in the AD that can be transfered into
the samba3 in order to avoid to recreate all the user/machine accounts?

Cheers,

Denis

--
Denis Cardon