[Samba] Translating the Samba Howto Collection in French

John H Terpstra jht at Samba.Org
Tue Mar 6 02:21:39 GMT 2007

On Monday 05 March 2007 16:20, Jean-Philippe Guérard wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm a member of a French howto translation project
> (http://www.traduc.org). A member of our team would like to start
> translating the Samba Howto Collection in French.
>
> We're aware of a previous translation project, but it seems to be dead
> and there is apparently no way to reach its members or see the work it
> has done:

I do not know of any contact information that still works.

> http://home.gna.org/sambadoc/
>
>  - Are you aware of a currently active translation project working on
>    translating these documents in French?

No.

>  - If there is no such project, is it OK for us to start working on this
>    translation?

You are most welcome to translate the Samba documentation. Suggest you work at
translating the XML source files. You can access the current documentaiton
sources via SVN from the Samba web site.

See: http://viewcvs.samba.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/?root=samba-docs

> Thanks in advance!

Please contribute your sources to the central SVN repository to avoid another
loss of good translation work. Thanks.

Cheers,
John T.