Fwd: [Samba] Changing LDAP password from Windows XP

Matt Lung matt.lung at midwest-tool.com
Mon Mar 5 18:50:17 GMT 2007

I've recently got this all up and working and in my testing had to
reverse the parameters to make this work with FDS.

I changed the following global parameters from:

unix password sync = no
ldap passwd sync = yes

to:

unix password sync = yes
ldap passwd sync = no

I was then able to change both passwords from 2K/XP w/o error status messages being returned after this change.  We recently had a PDC working with openldap where the former settings worked.  It's almost as if the two parameters were reversed in code somehow, but I doubt that is the case.

Good Luck,

ML