[Samba] Change user IDs on Samba PDC

Marcin giedz at arise.pl
Mon Mar 5 15:45:11 GMT 2007

Monday 05 of March 2007 14:23:40 Felipe Augusto van de Wiel napisał(a):
> On 03/04/2007 08:42 PM, Marco De Vitis wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I've got a Samba 3.0.24 Debian server which I'm currently moving to a
> > new hardware. It uses tdbsam as password backend.
> > So, while looking at configuration files, I was thinking: is there a way
> > I could change the Unix UIDs for some users, without breaking anything?
>
> 	That's a little bit of a "hard guess". Windows can be an
> wild environment, and profiles can be even wilder. :-)

If only uid is gonna changed then should be OK, but if SID ...... ooowwww
that's gonna hurt :( or maybe I've missed something but in my case changing
SID was related to creating NEW profile because this fu...... win2k doesn't
allow to change SID in other way.

So try and give us the hint ;)

Regards,
Marcin