[Samba] Administrator on samba server?

max pinco_pallo_ at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 2 15:39:17 GMT 2007

Hi,
I've samba 3 running on trustix 2.2.
I've added an xp sp2 client without much problems.
But now I'm trying to use "administrator" user on this client for
administrative purpouses (adding software, printers and so on) and I've
realized that, even if in Samba the user "administrator" exists, it isn't
recognised by the client as an administrator.
When I add an xp client to a real windows server computer, the domain
administrator is immediately recognised by the client as administrator of
the client itself, with samba this is not. Why? How to fix this?
Thanks.

Max