[Samba] roaming profiles not working

Антон Ванюков av3nger at list.ru
Fri Mar 2 10:26:36 GMT 2007

Hello. I've configured roaming profiles on my server. But they are working very strange. When I log in from a Windows XP machine with the user 'test' I get an error message saying that the machine can't find a server copy of my roaming profile and is logging on using the default local profile. In details it says that the network name cannot be found. But after logging in and after creating a file (for example on the desktop) and after logging out the file can still be found on the server in /home/test/Desktop/. If I log in again I get the same error message. But the file is still there. So it's loading from the server. What's wrong?
I've configured the Default User profile and copied it to the /usr/local/etc/netlogon/ directory. Also all the local profiles are deleted on logout.
Here's a copy of my smb.conf file (i've cut some parts out):
[global]
   workgroup = CTMTEST
   netbios name = ANTONV
   server string = Test Samba Server