[Samba] blocking name diffusion within two subnets

Olivier Miquel olivier.miquel at mri.cnrs.fr
Thu Mar 1 16:20:45 GMT 2007

Hello

I administrate a samba server with two network cards. This server is
visible and serve his shares succesfully on two differents subnets.
Ports 137,138 & 139 (both tcp & upd) are filtered between those two
subnets by cisco switches.
The problem is that all my computers on the first subnet are visible
from the second subnet in the network neigbourhood. Only their names are
visibles, their shares can't be displayed or used.
As i say ports 137,138 a 139 are filtered so i suspect my smb server to
broadcast netbios names from one subnet to another.
Am i right?
How could i stop that while keeping my server visible from the two subnets?

Olivier.

Ps: I'm sorry for my english, i'm not used to write in that language.

--
passerelle antivirus du campus CNRS de Montpellier