[Samba] Samba + Quantum StorNext FS (SNFS)

Michael Gasch gasch at eva.mpg.de
Thu Mar 1 15:52:54 GMT 2007

yes, that´s why i was asking.

there was a nice and detailed article from volker in german magazine ix [1].

@volker
to speed up performance do you think it´s a good idea to use jumbo
frames between the samba server and windows xp clients, which have a
dedicated network link (point-to-point, no switch, many NICs) to the
samba server each?

e.g.:

Shared Filesystem->Samba Server 1->Share 1
				     |-> Client1 172.16.0.1/16
				     |-> Client2 172.16.1.1/16

if all machines are connected via 1GBE and we transport large files, i
would expect 80% saturation of the network link with jumbo frames even
when talking cifs?!?!

micha

[1]
Offen verteilt
Wissen, Connectivity,
iX 12/2006, Seite 134

--
Michael Gasch
Department of Human Evolution (IT Staff)

Phone: 49 (0)341 - 3550 137
       49 (0)341 - 3550 374

Fax:   49 (0)341 - 3550 399