[Samba] Files get deleted

Sascha tdy_shadow at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 1 09:14:06 GMT 2007

hey list,

i dont know if this is a bit OT but maybe someone can help me anyway. we are using samba-3.0.23c-12.1.37 on sles 9. we are currently migrating all our users to this samba server. every user has a private share and a group share for the division. since we are using samba as primary file server i got about 5 calls from user complaining about deleted files. first i thougt that the members of the groups deleted the files. but then this happens in our it-division where i know that people and that they know what there are doing. so is there any chance that samba deletes the file? is there any other (maybe a linux program) way i can monitor what and how files gets deleted???

thanks for help and best regards