[Samba] rfc2307 - 3.0.24

David W. Chapman Jr. chapman at petris.com
Thu Jun 28 15:19:59 GMT 2007

>> [2007/06/26 20:08:09, 1] smbd/sesssetup.c:reply_spnego_kerberos(310)
>>   Username DOMAIN\PBROWNXP1$ is invalid on this system
>> [2007/06/26 20:08:09, 1] smbd/sesssetup.c:reply_spnego_kerberos(310)
>>   Username DOMAIN\chapman is invalid on this system

> You have to make sure that both accounts PEROWNXP1$ and chapman have
> rfc2307 attributes set. Otherwise it won't work.

Guenther,

Thanks for the response.  I've added the attributes to PBROWNXP1$ but it
doesn't seem like this should be necessary.  Enabling these attributes
requires setting the IP address of the workstation to a static IP address
since the screen to do this wants an IP address of the workstation.  Doing
this does not give a gidNumber or uidNumber as PBROWNXP1$ is a machine
account.  It also has not alleviated these error messages.