[Samba] Re: 3.0.25 packages for debian/ubuntu

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Sat Jun 30 03:18:02 GMT 2007

Guillermo Gutierrez wrote:
> Any news on .deb packages of v3.0.25b for Debian 4.0 and ubuntu 7.04?

I recently asked the same question. Jerry answered... I think specifically for the Etch part of the question:

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
 > Probably once Simo and I swap the Fedora & Debian packaging
 > responsibilities with the 3.0.26 release.

I would definitely like to see Samba team packages for the current Ubuntu stable version, which currently is indeed 7.04. (hint! hint! ;-)

Debian, and I am getting the idea Ubuntu too, keep their Samba builds patched as far as security updates. So for Debian Sarge went stable with 3.0.14 I think, and that is what it always was... just
with security patches. I did not pay attention to the debian.org packages as I always fetch Simo's from samba.org.

With all due respect for the package maintainers of the Debian and Ubuntu distros... I sort of wish there would be a way of getting "official packages" of the current build verses some custom
concoction (security updates only). (shrug) I certainly do not seem to be the person to "make that happen".

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems