[Samba] 3.025b tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

sharif islam sharif.islam at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 20:20:28 GMT 2007

After much deliberation, I fixed my samba problem ( I was upgrading
from 3.0.20b to the new version in RHEL using krb5-libs-1.5-26
authenticating against windows 2003 AD server). Apparently  valid
users = "@MY Group Name" does not work anymore. I was able to connect
using  valid users = "MYDOMAIN\@My Group Name", even though I had
"winbind use default domain = Yes" in smb.conf.

--sharif