[Samba] Samba and LDAP: Trouble adding Win XP machines to the domain

mikelOn mikel.santos at idom.es
Wed Jun 27 16:59:54 GMT 2007

I have tried to add a new machine right now and this is the log of the
operation:

[2007/06/27 18:53:42, 3] passdb/pdb_interface.c:pdb_default_create_user(368)
  _samr_create_user: Running the command `/usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w
"mikelvm$"' gave 0
[2007/06/27 18:53:42, 3] passdb/pdb_interface.c:pdb_default_create_user(384)
  pdb_default_create_user: failed to create a new user structure:
NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER

As you can see is not of much help (at least for me). I even debugged the
domain addition process in windows which failed in the NetUserAdd api with
the same error (NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER).

The only think I can guess is that samba is not doing its job...

Thanks for your time,

Mikel