[Samba] machine account want use algorithm than sambanextrid

Peter Eser Peter.Eser at heuft.com
Wed Jun 27 13:00:54 GMT 2007

Was questioned before with no answer, but have the same problem:

With Samba 3.0.25 with ldap backend, what can i do for using  algorithm "rid
=
2*uid + 1000", when samba create samba attributes (sambasid) of computer
account, instead of SambaNextRid from SambaDomainName entry ?

Background:
I create a machine account with smbldap-tools. After that a uidNumber was
given to the machine.
If the machine logs on the first time a samba gives a SID to the machine
using SambaNextRid.
If I leave the SambaNextRid base to 1000 after a while adding machines the
machine SIDs are in
the range of the user/group SIDs, so it would be better to use the algorithm
than SambaNextRid.

Thanks