[Samba] NTConfig.pol

Adam Tauno Williams adamtaunowilliams at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 11:05:41 GMT 2007

> I have had the same problem some time ago -- using Samba as an WindowsNT
> 4 Domain Controller with Windows 2000 / XP clients. Joining the domain
> and logons etc are no problem, but the policy normally works using AD
> only :-(. In your case a software called Nitrobit (www.nitrobit.com) may
> help.

Most likely he disabled the updating of policies via his policy.  :)
People do it all the time.   He just needs to read up on the NT4 policy
documentation;  this isn't a Samba issue.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/archive/winntas/maintain/featusability/prof_pol.mspx?pf=true

NT4 domain policies (NTConfig.POL) work just fine with a Samba PDC +
NT/2000/XP.

> > I'm not using any Windows default groups ("Power Users", "Users", etc).
> >   The strange scenario is that my clients are only reading the
> > NTConfig.pol during
> > their first logon in a machine, after that it seems that it assumes some
> > defaults configurations and don't read my NTConfig.pol file anymore.

-
Adam Tauno Williams, Network & Systems Administrator
Consultant - http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com
Developer - http://www.opengroupware.org