OT: ECC Memory - WAS: Re: [Samba] Possible Filesystem Corruption with Samba 3.0.25a (with XFS and LVM)

Tue Jun 26 20:26:25 GMT 2007

>> The best way I've ever found to reliably find bad memory is compile
>> something big, like X. If your memory is bad, you'll find out pretty
>> quick...

> The real solution is to use ECC memory. :)

Curious...

I recall reading somewhere that ECC memory was considerably slower than
non-ECC, and its benefits was mostly sales hype - ie, its ECC was not
precisely reliable...

Anyone know of an authoritative answer to this question?

--

Best regards,

Charles