[Samba] Message on testparm

Edmundo Valle Neto edmundo.valle at terra.com.br
Mon Jun 25 23:55:31 GMT 2007

Walmiro Muzzi escreveu:
> Folks.
>
> Is this normal or I did something wrong???
>

> root at urano:/etc/samba# testparm
> Load smb config files from /etc/samba/smb.conf
> Processing section "[printers]"
> Processing section "[print$]"
> Processing section "[publico]"
> Loaded services file OK.
> WARNING: passdb expand explicit = yes is deprecated
> Server role: ROLE_DOMAIN_PDC
> Press enter to see a dump of your service definitions
>

> Thanks in advance.
>

> Sincerely
> Walmiro Muzzi

# man smb.conf

passdb expand explicit (G)
This parameter controls whether Samba substitutes %-macros in the passdb
fields if they are explicitly set. We used to expand macros here, but
this turned out to be a bug because the Windows client can expand a
variable %G_osver% in which %G would have been substituted by the user’s
primary group.

Default: passdb expand explicit = no

So, the testparm is saying just that, its a deprecated option not used
anymore.

Regards.

Edmundo Valle Neto