[Samba] idmap_ad Integration with Windows 2003 pre-R2

S Murthy Kambhampaty smk_va at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 22 15:42:40 GMT 2007

Simo, thanks for the info on the configuration syntax.

I'm still uncertain whether the rfc2307-related AD schema extensions in Windows 2003  are  compatible with Samba, or  the  R2 schema update is needed.  When I  use idmap_ad in our Win2k3 environment, on `getent passwd` winbind logs an error of  "ads_check_posix_schema_mapping: failed NT_STATUS_NONE_MAPPED" at  libads/ldap_schema.c:ads_check_posix_schema_mapping(243), which suggests that the AD schema does not have the particular uid/gid attribs that winbind is looking for.  Could this be due to differences in the schema between the pre-R2 and R2 versions of the AD schema in Win 2k3?

Thanks,
   Murthy